Wednesday, September 26, 2007

7 Things

1. I hate to fold and put laundry away, unless I have a good book to listen to while I'm doing it.

2. I spent the night in the Berlin airport, because we couldn't find a hotel in which to stay. (the rest of our team slept comfortably in a hostel, while we went looking for somewhere 'better" to stay. ) Lesson learned.

3. I'm actually shy. Really I am. With people I already know, I have few inhibitions. But when it comes to meeting new people and making conversation, it is a shear act of discipline that my father insisted I learn. (I'm glad he did.)

4. I don't have a favorite color.

5. I have a "sun gland". Really, I read about people who get bummed in the winter and in extended days of no sun. They have a gland in their forehead that actually needs sun or they don't produce enough endorphins (happy hormones). OK , so I'm self diagnosing. You can bet when I start feeling blue, I go sit out in the sun for a few minutes and everything seems less blue. Placebo? Who knows, but it works.

6. I'm almost done..... I didn't read the Chronicles of Narnia until I was out of college. Isn't that terribly sad? A whole childhood void of Narnia. You can bet it won't happen to my kids. :)

7. I once had a Brownswager (sp?) fight with a good friend. The clean up was wretched.

Sorry I have to add #8 because I don't want to be outdone by Jenny.

8. I once sang with the Fullers. In church, just me, David and Francis. I think Kim played, but didn't sing...Just me..

15 comments:

Kimberly said...

Enjoyed!!
I think if you know you well you realize the shyness thing, but I will say you do an incredible job of hiding it...and of making other people comfortable..so go friend. I also didn't read Narnia until post-college. Sad, but not unfixable, thankfully!

lauralavon said...

Enjoyed learning new things about ya!

kayla said...

I would just like to say that while Kim played and you sang with the Fuller's I am now their neighbor. We wave to each other across the canal. I am living "uptown".

Anonymous said...

I've heard that you know Viola pretty well. I am so concerned for her. Is she still alive or did she die of Cat Scratch Fever? Please let her know that I was asking about her.
Puss-n-Boots

jenny said...

I readily give you the trophy, but honey you've sang in a real group!!!!!!!!!!!

What is a brownswager fight?

I never started Chronicles until post college either.

Anita Marie said...

Here they call it SAD disorder.
(Seasonal Affective Disorder) I never heard about it until my friend here at church said she had it. She says she has a SAD lamp now at work. It gives off a light which is very close to natural sunlight and it really helps her during the winter months. Click on the following link to find out about treatments available.

http://www.sada.org.uk/treat.htm

Tara said...

I am definitely a sufferer of SAD. The winter is an unpleasant time for me emotionally. I just try to buck up and plow on through. What are ya gonna do?!

Hmmm....wonder what kind of friend would engage in a braunschweiger fight with you? hmmm......SMELLY!

Thanks for sharing your seven things!

Marty said...

On a sad note...I have still not read Narnia...Doesn't really interest me...I know that you are not one bit suprised by that. I will say that I am progressing....LOVE Classical Music..In fact I love so many types of music that I used to have no appreciation for. Suprise, miracles do happen. I know when I do read Narnia that I will be upset with myself for waiting so long.

Julia said...

Kimber;
Thanks. BTW, I am so excited to see I have an offical diagnosable disorder. Can you help me?
Kayla;
You have the Fuller's and no fear of contracting SAD? Some people have all the luck.
Jenny;
Thank you for the trophy. As far as braunschweiger, well it's a really smelly meat product, just be glad you were not on A hall that night.
Anita;
Thanks for the link. I make it through OK, so I probably won't get a lamp, but it is nice to know I'm not crazy...OK i know that's is debatable.
Tara;
Well look who knows how to spell Braunschweiger, methinks it gives thee away. :)
Marty;
Don't deprive your kiddos, read the Chronicles to them and then you can all enjoy the journey together. OK there's my Lewis plug fot the day. :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the Lewis plug! Really enjoyed your seven (or eight) things. I actually understand the whole shy thing. Sometimes it can be excessively difficult to reach out to strangers. But we do what we must.

I believe I have also sung with the Fullers - long ago. Little did I know what esteemed company I was in!

Sorry about this weekend. (Really...more than you know.)

Kim M. said...

I would have like to have been involved in the "smelly meat" fight. Fun times!

Kelly S said...

Who said you weren't crazy?! I don't know...there's another name for the SAD disorder - it's called schizoaffective disorder. Ring a bell? You know I'm kidding.

I got to sit in the seat right behind the Fullers on choir tour and have some "chats" with Fran:) - that is during the "few" seconds that I was ever awake on the bus.

Julia said...

Oh how I wish I had sat up front more often on Choir Tour.

Queen Essie said...

Wellllll, hello friend! I found your blog thru a comment link on Marty's page. It's been so much fun catching up - very cute fam you got there! I got my page started up, so stop by some time if you get a chance! Btw, you totally amaze me and blow my mind with your home schooling endeavors - what great memories you are making while teaching them too! Very cool!
Love, essie

Liz said...

I'm sorry but I can't get past the Braunschweiger (Sp?) fight!!!! I think that tops all food fights ever to take place. Very Gross indeed...I don't even like to eat it...but to fight with it? HA! Thanks for the interesting mental picture