Thursday, November 15, 2007

Woo Hoo

Well, woo hoo for DSL.....FINALLY! Friday turned into Monday, which turned into Wednesday. Funny how that happens with AT & T. But you will hear me complain no more than that. I can look at pictures on my computer. I can hear music via the Internet. I can even watch the goofy videos my dear friend Brent produces. I will confess I have already watched one archived Hobe Sound Bible Church service. It's interesting how fast church goes when you can FF through the prelims and through particularly long special songs. :) All this from the two minutes I've had since the instillation of High Speed on Wednesday evening. Sadly no matter how fast my computer gets, my life is always faster. Therefore, I will have to close for now. Let's see....tomorrow... oh yes, can't do it tomorrow. Hmmmm.....Saturday, nope Saturday is full. Sunday? Good heavens, that's my only afternoon nap day of the week! Well, I guess I'll catch my blog up next week. We are going to be taking it very easy in school next week. I'm thinking reading pilgrim books and making turkey crafts. So perhaps while the boys are gluing wiggly eyes on something, I'll take the time to chat with you my dear readers.

By the way, who knew Baited breath was spelled Bated? OK, of course Tara knew, but did anyone else? Wow, I just always had this image of a fishing pole with tempting bait. Thus, BAITED breath. Now I'm not sure what to think of Bated Breath. Perhaps this is the beginnings of a mid-life crisis. Until then, I'm off to buy a sports car and large gold chain necklace.

10 comments:

lauralavon said...

Yippee for DSL! Yippee for Thanksgiving week, Pilgrim books and turkey crafts!
Phooey on the English language--what a conglomerated mess! Now, I can't imagine I spelled that word correctly...I spelled it like it sounds, so at least it can be read phonetically. : )
BATED breath, what in the world? Oh, so that one follows the "rule"--when two vowels go a walkin' the first one does the talkin'! Glad Tara knew; I didn't. : )
Sorry, I'm in a goofy mood tonight.
I didn't get the lane done today. After doing around the house, I got so much stuff in my eyes, I couldn't see. I still have something in one eye...may have to see Doris tomorrow.
Welcome to the speedy net!

kayla said...

Welcome back! Are you feeling quite speedy now?
What would we do without our friend Tara? I hope she isn't losing any sleep worrying about the grammar of her dear friends. I do like your description of baited breath. I will forever more think of you when I use those words.

Kelly S said...

Tara wouldn't be Tara without her grammar OCD:)

Julia, didn't realize you didn't have DSL. Good for you! Blogging will be so much more enjoyable for you now!

Charity said...

You know Nathan, he won't have ANY internet if it 'ain't' high-speed. We literally took a nine month hiatus at our last house b/c he hates dial-up so much. As far as the sports car and gold chain thing goes, I am getting a great mental image.

BTW, speaking of English language and weird phonetics, maybe you've heard this and maybe not. Mark Twain said 'fish' could be spelled 'ghoti'- gh as in 'enough', 'o' as in 'women' and ti as in 'nation' ;o) He was a great advocate of spelling reform...

Julia said...

Thank you my friends for the confidence boost. I guess I can take the gold chain back, but I kinda like the sports car. :) I did think last night as I lay in bed that perhaps the bated is like Abate to lessen. So bated breath makes more sense that way doesn't it? Then again, I'm with Kayla, I like the fishing pole picture. :)

Kimberly said...

Welcome back!!
I didn't know bated?? either!!
DSL is great, but things like YouTube still can take awhile w/my old computer...so not very tempted. My parents watch the HS services, but that doesn't do much for me...sorry:) I prefer checking out Brent's silliness every now and then as well:)

Please post pics. of the "turkey crafts"!:)

(Thanks for praying!)

Anonymous said...

0 ;''''''''''''''''''''''''//;;;;;;

So glad you're in the land of speed. Any extra characters are due to Carson55555555555555555555
who is trying to get his two cents in as well. Blessings on your day! And btw, gold chains are rarely a good idea. :)

Tara said...

Sure WISH I HAD FRIENDS!!!!!!!!!!!!! Here I leave the blogging world for a few short hours and I return to this sarcasm being hurled my way. Truth is, there are a lot of words that I know how to spell that I don't really know WHY I know how to spell them. Spelling clicked with me long about first grade when I discovered that if I aced the Wednesday test I wouldn't have to take the big test on Friday. Plus, words are sorta just my thing. So, there. A meager explanation from your weirdo spelling OCD friend. *sniff sniff*

p.s. Yay for DSL! Lots of goodies you'll be enjoying now, not the least of which are those delicious video blogs of B.V.

Julia said...

Oh my dearest Tara, I do not think you are weird, I envy you. I've come a long way in the spelling area, (just look at a few notes from HS) but I will never attain the lofty spellingliness, you my smart friend enbody. SO OCD or not, I think it would be fun to be a walking spell checker.

Kimberly said...

Now that I think on it (yes, sadly still thinking on it!!!) I did know the correct spelling but still prefer yours to the "right" one...Ha! Forevermore will be in my head that way!:)