Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Happy Birthday Micah!



We celebrated Micah's 3rd Birthday yesterday. It's funny, with Josiah I can't believe he's already 5 years old, but with Micah it's hard to believe he's only 3. Strange I know, but I think it's because he is so verbal, he just doesn't seem that young. He brings so much joy to our lives. Micah has a wonderful sense of humor and is forever making us laugh. He loves animals and is as compassionate as he is funny. We are so blessed to have this little bit of sunshine in our home.

I gave Micah a couple options for his birthday celebration, and he chose to go to Build-a-Bear. Uncle Dennis and Aunt Cathy were home from Florida so we had the pleasure of having them join us. Matt took off of work early and we headed to St. Louis to eat Pizza (Micah's requested birthday meal) and to build-a-bear. In spite of the name of the store, Micah actually built a dinosaur and upon it's completion he promptly named it Yikes. While his choice in names surprised us, we felt it was a rather appropriate name for a Triceratops. Really, if one ever ran into a Triceratops it's highly probable that the first words out of one's mouth would be, "YIKES!" Micah and Siah were then treated by Aunt Cathy to a ride on a train in the mall. On the way home we stopped by Cold Stone for yummy ice cream to finish off the night of fun. Below you will find a photo journal of our evening. Enjoy!

Pizza first!

Then Build-A-Bear.

Picking out Yikes

Picking Yike's "sound" (a fierce roar)

Filling Yikes with stuffing

Yikes is done and ready for a hug.

Yikes gets his first bath.


With Uncle Dennis and Aunt Cathy

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Your boys are so adorable. I think that "Yikes" is a very appropriate name ~ what a smart kid!

Tara said...

Happy Birthday, Micah! My kind of kid! :)

lauralavon said...

Happy Birthday to Micah! We look forward to meeting Yikes. That gave me a good laugh to start the day! He's so YOU! : )

BTW, you've been tagged; come to my blog to read the details!

Liz said...

So cute!!! Katy got to go to build a bear last summer when we were on vacation in Fl and she loved it!! Happy birthday Micah!!!

Kimberly said...

Happy Birthday, Micah!
The Easter singing is being enjoyed by several of my La. relatives!:)

Jo said...

Hooray for Birthdays! Hooray for Micah! Hooray for Yikes! Happy Birthday, Micah! I can't wait to give Yikes a squeeze!

Kim M. said...

That's really cute! Looks like something one of my brood would choose. Great name for it too!

Thanks for sharing the great pictures!

Charity said...

A very happy birthday to Micah from us!

Making Memories 1999 said...

Looks like Micah and Yikes had a very special day! Both fellas are just adorable! Happy Birthday, Micah!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday to Micah! I guess I should wish Yikes a happy birthday too. What a happy day you all had!

As I mentioned on a different internet site, it was so lovely to spend some time with you. One of these days I'm going to show up on your door step. I'll be sure to tread softly since I know there's a fierce dinosaur around.