Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Summer Days

I've been working my brain lately on a couple of topics we have studied in church lately. I'm not quite ready to blog anything on my thoughts, I'm just too short on time to do that. I will, however, leave you with a few more photos of the last few days.

July 4th was a rainy day. We had plenty of outdoor projects needing to be accomplished, but alas Mother Nature had other plans. However, there is ALWAYS the pressing need to fold laundry around here(Tara you know my weakness). We are trying to teach the boys different chores around the house this often takes more time, but hopefully will pay off in the end....



July 5th Keith, Rachel, Matt and I hosted a July 4th Celebration, complete with fire works ala "Super Keith", for our church family ".


























This week is going to be busier still. Yesterday Rachel and I did some landscape work up at our church camp. Today "Lil Guy" came to visit and the boys have been having a wonderful time. Our neighbors are finally home from their vacation and the girls came down to take the boys berry picking. These two young ladies have no idea what a break they give this Momma when they come over to "play" with the boys. They are so gracious! Combined the kiddos all picked enough berries to make a pie! Micah is looking distressed because he cut his finger in the woods while picking berries.

I hope you have a lovely week enjoying the beautiful warm summer weather.

9 comments:

coffeechica said...

I CANNOT believe you! I'm a good nice kind person... hmmm... not anymore, can't wait to get my hands on a great pic of you to blog hehehe

lauralavon said...

Enjoyed all the pics! The girls had a fun time today. It was a relaxing change of pace for them. So glad it gave you a break a well!

Julia said...

Esther;

You will notice I posted several very lovely pictures of you as well. It is a compliment to you that you can be sweet and "piggy" all on the same evening. :)

coffeechica said...

hmmm... oh the excuses. okay fine. no 'garages' ;)

Kimberly said...

Please tell the boys that "Aunt Kimmie" has plenty of chores at her house in LA...and could use their help...she will take them to see alligators after all the work is done!:)

(looks like you are raising some young men who hopefully will understand the concept of housecleaning! Kuddos to you!)

Anonymous said...

Ha Ha! Love the pic of Esther and Amanda. Truly a classic...and maybe blackmail material. Hmmmmm. Looks like you all had a lovely time.

Tara said...

Loved all the pics....especially the ones of the "help" housecleaning. I know how that help goes. Definitely long-term benefits, versus the short-term!

I almost posted a video a couple of weeks ago of what family "housecleaning" looks like around here. I had given Lauren a broom and Cameron something to dust with, and then cranked on the Veggie Tales CD of music to work by. When I came back in the room, I found some rather hilarious dancing going on ala Lauren and the broom. I grabbed the camera and videoed it. Maybe I'll post it still!

Glad you put up a new post! We need to chat again one of these days. :) Love you!

Making Memories 1999 said...

Looks like you all have had fun! Thanks so much for watching Lil Guy!!! I owe you one, friend!

Rachel Hurst said...

Hoo-ray for fun pics! I will be so glad to see you! :)