Friday, July 6, 2007

Hello

I hope all of you had a nice Independence Day. We did. The fireworks in town were rained out though, so tonight is the big night for that. Last night on Adventures in Odyssey, they did an Imagination Station Flash Back to The War of 1812, when the British burned down the capitol buildings. Today Josiah asked if we could go to Washington tonight and help rebuild the White House. Patriotism is alive and well in this house. :)

Last weekend, Savannah got to come stay with us again. We really enjoyed having her. Here is a picture of the kids Sunday after church. Are the Thomas genes strong, or what?


My Mom mentioned to me on the phone last night how much she enjoyed my blog. Not because I'm a great writer or anything noble like that, but because she gets to see photos of the boys and read stories about them that help her get to know them, even from far away. So if you will excuse me, at the end of this post I'm going to share a few quotes for my mom. Feel free to just skip this part, since it will be highly grandparent centered.


The other night I was praying with Josiah, normally Matt tucks him in and does this, but for some reason I was doing it this night. I finished the prayer and Josiah said, "that can't be it, it was too short." I said, "You may pray longer if you want." He than proceeds to get all squishy and said, "Dear Jesus, thank you for my Mommy. She's just so sweet and kind and gentle. And even when she's not, I always forgive her cuz she's so sweet and I just love her so much. " Then he puts his head up against mine and says "ahhhh" I had to bury my head in the covers to keep him from seeing me laugh.


The boys were staying for a few hours with a family from our church. When we went to pick the boys up, Anna, the oldest daughter still living at home, told us that as they sat down to supper Josiah said, "oh, I like this, it's good for me cuz it helps me get the yuckies out." then he looked over at her and said, "I said yuckies, cuz it's not polite to say poo-poo at the table."


21 comments:

Kimberly said...

Too funny...please feel free to add quotes anytime..and btw..I LOVE the pic. w/your Mom and Dad..(that should make her proud!)

Anonymous said...

Dittos on the quotes. I enjoy kid stories a lot. Like your mom says, it helps me get to know them from far away. Keep 'em coming!

Julia said...

What gracious friends.
BTW, Sonja, are you a Sam an item now or is that a "just friends" shot?

Kim M. said...

Love the quotes! I think Sonja has a dream guy (Sam)... since he does exactly what she wants him to do. :-)

Anonymous said...

From sweet 'squishies' to poo-poo at the table. My kind of kid! :)

And yes, those are some strong Thomas genes, but that younger one of yours favors his MAMA!

Jo said...

Cute! I love it! It was so much fun getting to spend some time with Savannah! She is a sweet girl!

Kelly S said...

Skip the quotes? - No Way! So cute! It makes me want to give him a big hug and kiss.

kayla said...

Do you have the Star Spangled Stories Collection from Aventures in Oddesy? My boys love it.
I enjoyed talking to you today. Hope we get to see each other.

Anonymous said...

I am not free to discuss my relationship with Sam at this time. At least that's what his lawyer told me. Something about "bad publicity"? Who knows. Give the guy a little bling and ghetto look and he gets all diva-like.

Jo said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. :) We went to the Decatur zoo, but thanks for the parking offer! By the way... Rachel just started blogging. Her blog is rachelcryder.blogspot.com. It's pretty cute. ;)

Making Memories 1999 said...

Where, oh, where does he get such a cute sense of humor??!! Keep the cute quotes comin'!! Have a great day!!

Julia said...

Sonja;
I've suspected things with you and Sam for awhile. He used to flirt with me on tour, but would never really commit to anything. Now I know why, here all this time I thought it was Jani.
Kayla;
No, the only Oddessey series we have is the Bible Stories series, but I'm goint to look into the ones you mentioned.
Jo;
Oh yes, my parking pass would not have worked there. See you Thursday.
Becca;
Both the boys are just like their Father, especially Micah. :) Just like Sunshine Girl is like her Daddy. :) HEE HEE HEE

jenny said...

The stories are not only cute and very enjoyable to read--they are also comforting to know it's not just my kids (but I am starting to think it might have something to do with the name "Josiah")!

cheriepasbjerg said...

How cute is your family!!! You haven't changed a bit---very pretty. I loved reading about your family!!

cheriepasbjerg said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Julia said...

Jenny;

I agree, it's either the name or being first born. I'm sure you have some great quotes to share as well.

Sherry;

What a nice surprise to find you here. When I saw your name I immediately heard a voice in my head yell, "BUUUUURRRRLLLL"! :) Welcome, I look forward to checking out your blog.

cheriepasbjerg said...

Great to hear from you thanks for your comment. Well just a little lesson on fly fishing---the fly floats on the top of the river(a dry fly) and goes down stream and if it is sitting just right (trout are pretty picky) they take a bite. You only really do fly fishing on a river to catch trout or brookies mostly, so once it goes past you a fair distance, ya gotta reel it back in!!! fly fishing 101---you should come out and fish with me!!! xoxo Cherie

cheriepasbjerg said...

On the fourth holiday I caught 6 out of 7 fish (bragging just a little!!) They were ten feet long too!!! ;)

coffeechica said...

hey friend! just a poke to let you know i FINALLY blogged, lol I figured u gave up on checking it. have fun. and i'll see you at camp on the 31 :D

Tara said...

HOOOOLIA:

WHERE ARE YOUUUUUUUU????????

Julia said...

I'm Back