Monday, July 23, 2007

I'm Back...for a minute!

Well, it has been way too long since I've posted anything, or even had a chance to keep up with all your blogs. I am relearning the meaning of busy this month. Here is a brief discombobulated list of what's been going on the last couple of weeks.

Well besides the fact that I am a Mom of a Pre-schooler and a toddler, and they are boys to boot. I also, have 3 jobs outside our home that the boys go with me to do. This month we are very heavily involved in getting our church camp grounds ready for camp. At the same time our church is in the middle of a remodeling project that we have helped out with on occasion. Then we have had the privilege of having Savannah come visit, Brent come visit(photos and bragging on that to come) and have even gotten the chance to be with Dennis and Cathy some. All of which we enjoyed immensely. I also have helped out a friend for a few days as she was out of town and needed some help at her business. Then another friend had an appendectomy and we were able to be with her some through that. I also am attempting to write a script for the annual drama our young people put on at the end of our camp meeting. (By the way, condensing and rewriting Bunyan's, Pilgrim's Progress is a bit of a challenge.) Now mind you I am not complaining, because we loved being with and helping out the people and organizations that are dear to us, but I'm just laying out my case for why I haven't had a chance to blog in a while. Am I excused? Good, because I'm leaving this Friday for our church camp and won't be able to blog again for over a week.

8 comments:

Kimberly said...

You've made your case...now post some pics!!:) (you know that's really the whole point of all this anyway, don't ya?)
Seriously, glad you posted...and have a great camp!!

Tara said...

SO FUNNY how we are on the same vein today! I decided this afternoon that I was going to blog a little...and comment on the fact that NO ONE is blogging! I sign on, and here you are! Glad you're alive and well. I've missed ya. Have fun at Mode. Wish I could come for a couple of days. I always get campmeeting fever this time of year...bone-melting heat or not!

Anonymous said...

Welcome back! Oh...goodbye. Anyway, it was good to get a brief update. Rewriting Bunyan? Wow! So, are you doing the whole jail cell thing too, or is having two small boys an OK substitute? Just checking. Good luck on this huge endeavor, and enjoy camp!

Marty said...

You are excused!! So glad you get to go to camp, help in your community, raise boys, be a friend, love Matt, cook a few meals, clean a few houses....need I say more!!! Have a great time at camp!! Love ya!

Kim M. said...

Whew.. you are making me tired... wait.. I was already tired. I can definitely understand. Here we all are trying to catch up! I just updated mine too today after a few weeks. Have a fun week!

Kelly S said...

I think we all go in cycles - it seems at the same times. We've all been slacking lately. I'm tired of posting pics and am too exhausted to gather my thoughts and make a post out of them; thus, no posts for me for a while.

Hope you're able to settle down soon. Don't wear yourself out!

Julia said...

Dear Friends;

It is so good to hear from you all.
Kimber;
Photos to come!
Tara;
We would LOVE to have you come to Mode, could you make it for a weekend? We are even having the "outhouses" sucked out and washed. :)
Sonja;
I hadn't thought of the similarities between Bunyan and myself. :) hee hee
Marty;
I wish you were here to organize me and then I'd get everything done and still have time to run to Starbucks. Someday!
Kim;
What your busy too?
Kelly;
You could just write a short terribly discombobulated blog like I did. wait...that sentence is even discombobulated. How do you spell discombobulated?

coffeechica said...

hi, yeah i'm back and managed to shower first lol! hey if qdoba's is so great, we should go! i love trying new things!! (then i will decide chipotle vs. qdoba's (sp?)lol)
looks like everyone is in the same boat and not blogging!