Thursday, May 15, 2008

Photo Journal

Mother's Day morning. I got hugs, breakfast in bed and a homemade card with an "Off Duty" badge to wear for the day. Matt answered all questions, cared for the boy's needs, and did Daddy/Mommy duty in general all day. It was WONDERFUL!
We found 2 box turtles this week. Josiah named his Rex and Micah named his Pregnant. I'm thinking he doesn't understand that pregnant is a state of being, not a name.

A couple of weeks ago Josiah had his last group recital. His wonderful teacher is semi-retiring(she is holding the retirement gift Joisah made her in this picture. She will still give private lessons, but will no longer give group lessons or recitals. It was a wonderful concert, I'll have to post a few video clips later.
Some of the kiddos from our church who take lessons from Dr. and Mrs. Mellado.

Our parenting class this month was held at Bryan and Shelli's and we brought our kiddos along. Our class represents 12 children, only 3 of those are girls. :) Here are some shots of the boys wrestling with Mr. Robb.



I had to share this with my girlfriends. I was invited to an Uppercase Living party. It's a new line of wall rub-ons(for lack of a better term). I got this small verse to see how I would like the effect on my wall. I love it, and plan to incorporate more verses throughout our home. They have plenty of great pre-made verses and images to choose from, but you can also customize your own. Such a neat way to add a personal touch to your home.

We've been studying the Romans the last couple of weeks. These are some Mosaics the boys made. Josiah's is of an Aqueduct and Micah's is of a checkerboard. The other day the boys piled chairs, blankets and such in a corner and I heard, "Micah we are two Romans and we are fighting one Carthaginian(I'm assuming that was me). Then Josiah runs to his room and comes out with his pool noodle and says, "And here is an Aquadot!" TOO FUNNY!

Hope you enjoyed this little Photo Journal of the last few weeks. Hope you have a blessed day.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Absolutely LOVED both posts. Stories about the boys really make my day. My only concern is that "Pregnant" might be a boy. Do you think this might be hard on his psyche? Also loved your thoughts on acting on God's desires for us vs. letter of the law. So true and so liberating! The law of love truly makes one walk straight - but for the right reasons. Thanks for all the good thoughts and the laughs. It was a joy to read you today!

BTW, you're right. My mom does make a mean cake. :)

Unknown said...

I had to smile...that's the same uppercase living saying I purchased last month! I thought it was another nifty way to decorate using scripture without doing pictures or plaques. Love reading your blog! The boys so enjoyed the clip of you little guy riding his truck down the hill...I'm wondering how long before I see them doing the same thing here!

Kimberly said...

Hope you enjoy a good "break" tomorrow night!!

Sweet pics....and i love hte saying...i just saw something similiar at a Christian bookstore..glad ot know it works out beautifully! Love to All! (including that poor "Pregnant" turtle!:)

Kelly S said...

This is what I love about blogging! I think it was created by God:) We would miss out in sharing these little moments in life.

I loved your picture journal and great approach to parenting!

Tara said...

Enjoyed the pictures so much! And I've been meaning to try the wall verses since we first bought our house.....only three years ago now!! :) I think it looks great on your wall.
Love you.

kayla said...

You're not trying to tell us something, are you?

Liz said...

I want to start Katy in violin or piano but I am not sure she is old enough yet. Enjoyed the pictures.

Kim M. said...

I love the Scripture on the wall! I have been wanting to try that too.

That's cute that the turtle's name is pregnant.

I agree parenting can be exhausting. Definitely worth it though isn't it?! :-)

Anonymous said...

It's so fun now and then to stop by the world of blogging and find old friends. It's fun to catch up on what everyone is doing. Good to see all is going well in your world. -Fat Ames

Anonymous said...

nice-wallpapers
huog u $ kv 39