Thursday, May 8, 2008

Mother's Day "Hints"


I had to laugh today. Let me share a couple conversations with you.

Josiah: Mommy, I can't tell you what we are making you for Mother's Day, cause it's a secret.

Me: OK, don't tell me Bub.

Josiah: I will give you a hint, but not a really good one cause you might be smart like Miss Jo and be able to figure out my hint.

Me: Maybe you shouldn't give me a hint.

Josiah: I won't give you a good hint. Ok, the Ferguson's used to have one and you put it in a tree.


Later today at supper the topic came up again.

Josiah: We can't tell you what we are making you for Mother's Day.

Me: Bub, your hint was pretty good earlier, you probably shouldn't say any more.

Micah: I can tell you after Mother's Day

Josiah: You won't need to tell her, we can show her.

Micah(in a whisper to me): Yes, I won't tell you that we are getting you a fern and making you a hammock.

Me: That's good not to tell me Micah.

I quickly exited the room to laugh.

So guess what I'll be getting for Mother's Day?

16 comments:

Kimberly said...

Great stuff....my Mom once told her Dad she couldn't tell him what his gift was but it was "something you blow your nose on!"

Kelly S said...

Don't you love the innocence?! Those little moments are worth far more than any gift! So sweet!

Anonymous said...

Reminds me of the Christmas I got my mom a purse. She loves to tell that story. I told her that I wouldn't tell what it was. I wouldn't tell her that it was a purse. She wouldn't know until she opened it on Christmas and said, "Oh, Sonja, a purse!". I wouldn't tell. :)

Absolutely LOVED your story!

lauralavon said...

A great way to start the day...with a good laugh! Thanks.

Marty said...

Can I come lay in the hammock and look at the fern?

Love the boys!

Julia said...

Loving reading your stories too. Something you blow your nose on...heeheehee

Tara said...

Oh, that is the BEST! Great story! And isn't fun to have this venue with which to share those happy little moments in our lives?! I do believe if I tried hard enough I could actually "hear" Aunt Ruthie telling that story! :)

BTW, I saw your msg. from yesterday: thanks for remembering! Oh, and I think you spelled "fuente...." right, too! That's the way I remember it.

Jo said...

How sweet! I loved this story!
Jo

P.S. Thankx for the spellink comment on my bolk. :) I can happilee explane it sometiem!

jenny said...

So cute...and what neat gifts!

Kimberly and Sonja's stories were great as well!

loree2000 said...

So very sweet!

Saw Pilot said...

SO FUNNY! Love those Thomas boys!

Rachel Hurst said...

Isn't fun to have little boys in your life. I have four boys and one girl right now. Hoo-ray for the special gift of children.

Rachel Hurst said...

Wow typo "isn't it fun ...."
oooppps!

Making Memories 1999 said...

This story is too cute!! Children have such a hard time keeping gift secrets, don't they! (Well, I shouldn't only say "children", as I sometimes have a hard time keeping a good secret like that!!) :-) Hope you enjoy your goodies!

Kelly S said...

Are you enjoying laying in your hammock staring at your fern too much to blog?

jason miller said...

When you start teaching your kids about Columbus discovering America, you can tell them that the Europeans had never seen hammocks until they saw the Indians in them! Before that, everyone had slept on the deck in the boat, but hammocks all around on the way back!