Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Photo Journal of Vacation Part 1

This year we went to Florida for our family vacation. Since having children Matt and I have made it a priority to go on vacation once a year. We save and save to do this because we feel like it is so important for our family. However, up to this point we've always just taken extended weekend vacations. This year however, my nephew was graduating from High School down in Central Florida so we decided to take a whole week off. I felt rather irresponsible going when gas prices are so high, however, we had already booked the house when gas was $1 cheaper per gallon and just couldn't get out of it without losing money. Well, I'm happy to report we stayed within budget and had a great time! (no more guilt, yeah!)

We met my parents in GA on Sunday and then headed on down to FL on Monday morning. We had to stop on our way down at a farmers market for fresh produce and at a bookstore that priced all their books under $3!! We finally arrived at our rental house around 5pm on Monday and just relaxed and had a cook out with Carl's and Larry's families. The next morning we woke up early and went to Disney World. A man at Carl and Tamme's church works at Disney and gave us all park hopper passes for FREE!! Thanks Eugene! Here are some pictures of our day.

I love the Florida sky.

A nice lady offered to take a group picture for us.

The never ending lines!

Courtney shot this picture for us.


Micah on the Teacups. I had the boys wear hats to protect them from the sun, however, Micah kept turning his sideways with the string over his face. Go figure!


Steven talking with his "Little Buddy". Notice Josiah is sacked out in the stroller, Disney can be exhausting!

Chris watching his cousins play at Pooh Corner.

Micah refreshing himself at a "spring".


Checking out the Swiss Family Tree House.

We also went over to Epcot for a couple hours. The boys LOVED the aquarium there. The photo below is proof that there is such thing as having too much fun. :)

Well, I have more photos from our trip, but I'll stop with Disney for now, since I need to get a few things done before lunch. Check back later for more photos.

9 comments:

Kimberly said...

Impressed that you've already posted:)....excited to see more of the trip....guess I will forgive you and Kayla:)

So wonderful that ya'll were able to go FREE to Disney...Wow!
Also good to see Carl and Tamme's good-lookin family (and yours too of course:)....makes me feel old to see Steven! Love ya!

Kelly S said...

Looks like so much fun! I can't wait to take my kids there some day. I keep saying "when the littlest is at least 5", and then I keep having kids so I think we'll never get there!

Liz said...

So glad you had a great time which was evident by the video on Kayla's blog! We usually try to take a vacation during this time of the year also, but this year Phillip's time off will be for 2 weeks when the baby is born and then later we may be able to take a long weekend somewhere when we get settled with a new little one. Whew, what a run on sentence!

Making Memories 1999 said...

Looks like fun. So glad you all had a great time. And I'm sure you felt great to have stayed in budget, as well! Ramsey would be proud!! :-)

coffeechica said...

hey! looks like ya'll had fun. glad you are back, i have missed you! see you at church tonight :) love ya

Charity said...

Fun! Fun! I love the 'sleeping' pictures. Maybe 'cause of all the activities you showed, that looked the most interesting at the moment to my super-tired body. ;o) Waiting expectantly for more pics...

Tara said...

Yeah, Yeah, I guess I'll forgive ya too. :)

Am enjoying the pictures, all the while praying for grace not to be covetous. Like Kimber, feel VERY old at the sight of Carl and Tamme's family. How does this happen!!!!

BTW, the orange color coordination was quite smashing! :)

kayla said...

I can't believe little "Peeban" is so grown up. Now that I can see the pictures full size, he is one good looking guy.
Oh, I guess that you found your camera. My boys were very concerned that we might have to bring it to you if we found it. Actually they found that thought quite appealing.
I agree with Tara, the orange just does you guys good.

Julia said...

Tara and Kayla;
Thanks, I chose orange because it's an eaier color to spot. I learned from a friend to color coordinate on outings so that way you can find your family at a glance. It is very helpful.