Sunday, February 24, 2008

Happy To You Siah!!



Just so you know "Happy to you" is not a typo. When Josiah was 2 he called all things related to Birthdays, Happy To You. There was the Happy To You cake and Happy To You cards and Happy To You parties. It's hard to believe he's grown up so much in just a few years. It's really hard to believe that our oldest is 5 years old. Wow, where does time go?

We've had a very eventful weekend. On Friday night we had Josiah's Birthday dinner. He asked for chicken, mashed potatoes and green beans, all served on the "Happy Day Plate" of course. Gone are the days of hot dog and mac and cheese birthday suppers. It's funny Josiah acts like Matt, but he is built like my family, very solid. (see birthday meal choice for reference) He also requested cup cakes, as opposed to a fun shaped cake. In this way he is like his Daddy, he likes things very predictable and simple, chocolate cupcake, chocolate icing....no frills thank you. (He was OK with me adding candy tools as a decorative touch though. Now Micah, well he is built like Matt's family, but the rest is all my fault. :)

On Saturday our family and cousin Savannah went to the Magic House in St. Louis. This is such a fun place. It is basically a Children's Museum with tons of hands on stuff to do. We had a blast. Below are several pictures from our day.




























12 comments:

Kimberly said...

Please tell Josiah "happy to you" from Miss Kim! I'm so proud of the sweet guy you are, Siah....(btw, I am still loving my drawing and it's still on my fridge!:)

The weekend looks really special!

Julia said...

Thank you Miss Kim. I'm five years old now. I got to go in a tunnel at the Magic House. It was fun.

Love,
Josiah

lauralavon said...

Enjoyed the pics and all!

Kim M. said...

They grow up so fast! Thanks for the pictures and updates. Tell Josiah Happy Birthday or "Happy to you"!

Liz said...

Just wanted to tell you that we sang "Holy, Holy, Holy" in church last Sunday and Katy got all excited and said "that's the song that cute little boy sang on your bee pooter mommy" I thought it was most humorous!!

Kelly S said...

Look at those bright eyes and that smile melts your heart!

I LOVED Micah's song! So adorable! He's so tiny to be singing that good!

Julia said...

Liz;

You've got to get that Beepooter on video. I'd love to hear that in person. Too cute!

Making Memories 1999 said...

Special birthday wishes to a special friend!! I'm sure you had LOTS of fun at the Magic House!

Queen Essie said...

Happy to you wishes to your little boy - he sure is a cutie! I can sooo relate with they don't stay little for long! If you haven't checked recently, go look at my not-so-little guy's birthday wishes on my page. It about breaks my heart!

Anonymous said...

A Belated Happy To You to Siah. Really enjoyed catching up on all of you. The clip of Micah is priceless. Love to all!!

Tara said...

I sure did think of you on your birthday, Josiah! What a big boy you are now! Five years have gone by very quickly. I hope it was a VERY Happy to You day!

Charity said...

All right, you little smart aleck! Leaving snide comments on my blog! How could you?! ;o) Actually, I have to agree with you about the 'safe' backyard. If you recall, I was almost dismembered by dogs in our last backyard, too. I think we have bad karma ;o) or something...