Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Happy News and other stuff

While speaking with Charity on the phone the other night she made a comment about my b-day blog still being up. I didn't say anything, but thought, "The poor dear hasn't checked my blog in so long she doesn't know I've updated since then." Well today I sat down at my trusty, albeit slightly neglected, computer and found that Charity was right. So sorry to have you coming back to check a blog with no updates in the past month. Pathetic I know.

We just got home last night from an Expo (for Matt' work) in Minnesota. The boys were a big hit there (the only kids in the place) and we hope we sold rocking chairs too. It was cold, no not the, "brr it's 20 degrees cold", I'm talking freeze your nose hairs cold. I really am rethinking the concept of Hell being hot, perhaps.....well; I'll stop there lest I be labeled a heretic. Let's just say 17 degress BELOW zero is absolutely INSANE. In spite of the weather we did have such a nice time. Pictures will be coming soon.

I also have some very Happy News. I got a message from Jani's Mom informing me that a new little man has joined the JB family. Jordon Lawrence was born Feb. 9 @ 3:25am. He was 7lbs 9 oz and 20 inches long. Mommy and Jordon are doing well. I'll try to get a picture to post of the little fella. (check out www.our365.com, his photo is not up yet, but should be soon.)

Speaking of little fellas here are a few funnies (and one not so funny, but just plain embarrassing) I've been overhearing from Micah of late.

While listening to Brooklyn Tab's "Take up Your Cross", I hear Micah singing, "Count the crust take up your cross and follow Him." He then turns to me with a very perplexed look on his face and says, "Why count the crust?"

I hear banging coming from the other end of the house, upon investigation I find Micah banging on Josiah's bedroom door yelling, "Open in the name of the King!"

Micah - "Daddy was that funny?"
Matt - "Oh yes Micah that was hilarious!"
Micah - "Daddy, hilarious means a BIG funny!"

While Micah was speaking to a lady she said, "oh my gosh!" Micah promptly said, "Oh you shouldn't say that because that is taking the Lord's name in vain."


And from Josiah I have been getting my script on a daily basis. I am rarely Mommy. Over the last two weeks I have usually been one of the following, per instruction from a first born. I have been Eliza Jane sister of Almanzo (Micah) and Royal(Josiah) Wilder. I have been Polynesia the Parrot (from Dr. Doolitle) playing with Gup Gup the Pig (Micah) and Jip the dog (Josiah). I've been Bess, Black Beauty's (played by Micah) Mommy and Josiah is Ginger. Today I am Trunky the Elephant, while two Crocodiles are building a "tent" in the dinning room. One is the Enormous Crocodile that eats children (Micah) and the other is the "Not-so-enormous-crocodile-that-just-eats-fish" (Josiah) See Roald Dahl's Enormous Crocodile for details. I'm not sure if we are having an identity crisis or if we are perhaps listening to too many books on CD. Well I just heard, "Help Trunky, I need help Trunky!" So I must fly....er stampede.

15 comments:

kayla said...

So excited to hear about J's new addition. She really needs to start a blog, maybe we should put on the pressure.
Sounds like Micah is paying you back for your childhood. Hope your identity crisis doesn't get too bad. I remember a time when you were an International Shoe Saleperson.

Jo said...

Hee Hee! I love your boys! So funny! The Enormous Crocodile...one of my favorites! I'm glad you all are back safe and sound.
P.S. Thanks for the song!
Jo

Anonymous said...

Yay!! I love blogs with kid quotes! You made me laugh out loud - which is such a lovely thing. Congrats to the JB family. So glad to hear of the safe arrival. Also glad to hear that your boy's imaginations are alive and well. What a great gift.

Tara said...

Enjoyed the quotes immensely, Juwah! Mrs. J also left me a msg on Saturday morning...leaving me all the pertinent baby details EXCEPT for the Name!!!! I haven't had a chance to call and get it from Jani herself, so I'm glad you posted it. Funny thing is, I started going through all the "J" names, and I told Derek already...I bet Jani names her baby Jordan! Oh, is she spelling it the way you did in your blog? You know I must know the correct spelling to put in my book!

Love ya, friend. We should catch up in person soon. Wanna pack up and leave the icky cold behind....head to the Sunshine State?! And, do you know how many times I've been convinced that a real "Hell" for me would have to be a place of freezing cold? I know, I know.....it's not biblical, and all. *sigh*

Kimberly said...

Too cute and funny...made me laugh aloud as well!!:) I would love to hear that version.
I have every confidence that you are playing your many roles very, very well!
congrats to Jani and fam. Pressue is a good thing, but maybe not to a mother of a brandnew child!:)

coffeechica said...

I was so happy to see an update:) Lots of fun stuff! Miss you guys. Hope to see you soon. love ya!!!

Julia said...

Kayla;
I'm officially paid back for sure with my youngest. I totally see him selling flip flops someday. :) I hope he has a great side kick like I did, what's Dylan up to?
Jo;
I didn't swing Micah around by his tail, just in case you were wondering.
Sonja;
I'm glad you laughed out loud, you have such a lovely laugh.
Tara;
Funny, Mrs. J didn't give me a name either, but I ran through a list of J names and I setteled on Jordan too. :) I called Jani and she confirmed it was, in fact, Jordon (spelled with an O). His photo is up on that website now. He's a cutie.
Kimber;
Glad the quotes made you smile. I put pressure on J (pre-newborn) to blog, but alas she doesn't have a computer at home right now. (it's at John's office) So I suppose we can't pressure her too hard, esp. with a new born in the house.
Esther;
I've been thinking of you a lot lately. I hope all is well. I need to give you a call and see how you're LAST year of classes is going!! woohoo.

Anonymous said...

Just thought I would say hello. I came across your blog through Marty's page. It's fun to read your stories and see your pictures. -phat ames

Making Memories 1999 said...

Welcome Home! Love, love the cute quotes, and the picture of the boys with the rocking chairs. Your boys are so cute and creative! Congrats to the JB family!

Beth Stetler said...

Great kid quotes! :-) I agree with your assessment of cold being worse torture than heat!

Charity said...

Dear Julia,

When, when will you learn I'm ALWAYS right?! At least, that's what I'm trying to convince Nathan of...

Julia said...

Phatames;
Good to have you here. I'm glad to find your blog too.

Becca;
Thanks, it's good to be home. You may want to stay out of your yard for a few more days, it doesn't sound like a safe place to be. :)

Beth;
So good to have you stop by. I'm sure you don't have to worry about cold weather where you are...lucky dog! :)

Charity;
Good luck convincing Nathan...I think he's pretty sure HE'S the one who is always right. :)

Kelly S said...

I am so glad to see an update from you. So happy for Jani! Loved the kids quotes. Your boys are adorable - all boy!

Karen Carroll said...

Julia,
So good to read up on your blog! You and your great sense of humor! LOL. I finally started blogspot. Would love to stay connected.

Love,
Karen

Anonymous said...

Hey,

I am regular visitor of this website[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url]You have really contiributed very good info here juwah.blogspot.com. Do you pay attention towards your health?. Let me present you with one fact here. Recent Scientific Research indicates that about 50% of all United States grownups are either chubby or weighty[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url] Hence if you're one of these people, you're not alone. Infact many among us need to lose 10 to 20 lbs once in a while to get sexy and perfect six pack abs. Now next question is how you can achive quick weight loss? [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss[/url] is not like piece of cake. You need to improve some of you daily habbits to achive weight loss in short span of time.

About me: I am writer of [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss tips[/url]. I am also health expert who can help you lose weight quickly. If you do not want to go under difficult training program than you may also try [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/acai-berry-for-quick-weight-loss]Acai Berry[/url] or [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/colon-cleanse-for-weight-loss]Colon Cleansing[/url] for effortless weight loss.