Monday, April 9, 2007

Amusing

If you look for it, life is always amusing in some way. For instance, on a daily basis my identity may change. Today I am Emily the Tank Engine. I am here at home with James the "spwendid Red Engine" and Percy. Henry is off to work this morning. Yesterday however, I was the Mayor of Bumblyburg going to church with Alfred, Master LLLLarry (we are working on using our L's), and Junior. Not many days ago I was "Mrs. Wittle" from Stuart Little and depending on the mood, I get to choose who of the Box Car Children characters I'd like to be. This is all orchestrated of course by our first born, who is very much like his Daddy. On the other hand, there is our youngest who is very much like his Mommy (which is a little trick that God plays on people who deserve it). Last night, long after we had put him in his "big boy bed" (a recent addition to his room) I heard Micah yelling. Talking in bed or pretty much talking at any and all times is not unusual for Micah, so I let him talk for a while. Then the talking got pretty loud so I went in to tell him to hold it down. He was dangling off the end of his bed, one arm in the wet wipes box. He couldn't move, if he lifted his arm he would fall on his face, and he was too out of balance to climb back up on the bed. He looked up and said to me, "I falling off my big boy bed." Perhaps I'm a twisted parent, but I was amused.

Trust me though, sometimes I have to remind myself how amusing their antics really can be. It's easy to be frustrated by their immature actions that may inconvenience me. Parenting has been a good opportunity for me to recognize just how self centered I am. I mean really how dare anyone interrupt my agenda, life is about my comfort right? So as we are training the boys, I'm in training myself. I am reminded that for years I looked for "God's Will" for my life and I realize now His "Will" for all of us is to be a Servant. And the number one requirement for being a good caregiver is to be a Servant. So I try to live by the motto, "It's not about me." So if you think of it today, pray for your friend, who desperately wants to be a Christ-like servant to Henry, James the "Spwendid Red Engine", and Percy.

11 comments:

Tara said...

Yes, you are somewhat of a twisted parent, but I would expect no less:) Who are you today?
As for the mysterious 'Marty', be still my heart, it is she! I had 2 emails from her and she is interested in this world, too! I think you need to go into settings and make sure that anyone can post comments to your blog. Notice her name was not highlighted in Kimbers. That's b/c she doesn't have a blog. YET. And that is the keyword!

Marty said...

Here to the mysterious 'Marty'...I didn't relieze that that was my status. Has someone been looking for me? I have responded to every email or phone call I have received from my fellow friends...and this is mysterious? I kinda like having that attached to my name..its new..

Great Blog! I love hearing how each one of our days are so similar. Maybe we have different numbers to corral, but our goals are all the same! BEDTIME! No, just joking! Have a great night...I'll return soon!

Tara said...

Tsk, tsk, "Mysterious Marty": please understand I was responding to Julia's question as to whether or not this was "our Marty". And I was only too excited to think that another friend would be joining us so soon. And we are so glad you are OUR MARTY!.
Feel better?!?
p.s. "amen" to that bedtime goal! LOL!

Making Memories 1999 said...

FOUND YOUR BLOG!! Love it! Will be checking back often, as I rarely see you and would love to know what's going on in your life!!

Julia said...

I'm so happy!! It's working, so far people I really love are talking to me via this little blog and not one weird-o stalker has talked to me.....yet. Welcome my dear friends so glad to hear from you. By the way, I think a blog named "mysterious marty" would be really cool!
Love,
Juwah
ps don't forget afternoon naps, they rock too!! :)

Kimberly said...

I loved the mental picture this gave me! Yes, you do have to leave self-centeredness at the door as a caregiver....or really anything that's going to count, I think. And isn't it great that Marty has been "found"...I have to figure out how to make a list of other's blogs on my page so it is easier to access...just think what new brain skills we are using in this super-technical world:)

Tara said...

Okay, now it's my turn to whine jealously. I'm overloading your blog with comments and I expect some reciprocation!
Nah, just kidding. Sorta. Really. No pressure. No problem. I'll just take my blog and go home. ;)

Julia said...

Tara;

Last night at some ungodly hour I tried to leave comments on your sight 3 times, when I failed again (due to my own retardedness, I'm sure) I gave up and went to bed. How could I ever be as popular as you though, with your adorable photos and me with NOTHING?

Marty said...

Julia, it is time for some pictures! I have just started and already have some....get with the program! I love you too!

Tara said...

ROFLMHO!!!!

Leave it to Marty to be brand new at this and already showing you up, Juwa!!

I'm laughing hard!

Julia said...

She always showed me up...Little miss I never got a red tag or a C in my life. :) (isn't it good to be teasing Marty again?)